Saturday, January 8, 2011

Compare and Despair

Approaching the competition at the race that goes nowhere

I used to feel self-conscious at the gym, and I still do sometimes, for different reasons. I used to compare myself to everyone else there in terms of how thin or in-shape I was. Now I just worry I'm in the way in the weights area trying to figure out where to stand while I do my lunges with curls. To those who feel self-conscious at the gym - much like every other area of life, for the most part no one's looking, and anything you can imagine those who are looking are thinking is merely your own projection. Anyone who is actually comparing themselves to you is doing it out of their own insecurity. Don't let imaginings of what other people are thinking dissuade you from doing things that are good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment