Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Have a plan

Helen won Biggest Loser last season. According to BL trainer Bob, she always had a plan.


Facing the day with a plan
If you're like me, mornings can really vary between excitement to get the day started, neutrality, and utter despair at facing the day. So how to you deal with each circumstance. I'd say the same way: Have a plan. And a back up plan.

One thing I need to know I learned from Biggest Loser
I will admit that Biggest Loser is a guilty pleasure of mine – guilty because it takes half the show to just weigh in the contestants, the shameless product plugs are so brazen, and because the formula is the show. But anyway, something one of the trainers told one of the contestants during the past season really stuck with me. He said to have a plan. All the previous winners had a plan every day. It seems so simple but can be so easy to forget what to do.

Make a list and check it twice
I'm a big fan of lists. It takes all the worry and anxiety that a bunch of things to do spinning around your head can create and puts it down on paper, where you can prioritize things and even decide if some of the the things are even worth doing. The three things that should always be top priority are your eating, your exercise, and your sleep. Everything else will come so much easier if you keep these three things in check. Put those at the top and then prioritize each other item by importance and due date, then figure out how much time each task will realistically take. Then DOUBLE it. Seriously. Then think about how much time your have in your day and divide appropriately. Phew.

What's happening right now
It's 11:36 am and I just finished my first cup of green tea today. I made sure to listen to my hunger at 10:30 at ate a healthy, balanced snack. Always include some protein in your snack, but don't make it exclusively protein. I had string cheese and half a banana. I also have a healthy breakfast of high fiber (at least 3 grams, people) cereal and skim milk.

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment