Monday, January 3, 2011

Green Tea

Green tea served in a garden up tranquility.


I've been hearing a lot about the benefits of green tea for a long time now. If you read any fitness magazines, you'll know they like to recycle this gem every couple of months. I've always been a fan of tea, although mostly the most pedestrian of teas - Orange Pekoe* -and I'm a fan of tea with milk (skim milk) and sugar (lots of), or occasionally lemon and sugar. So this is new for me. My goal is to have two cups of green tea per day - starting tonight, both for its purported medicinal value, and to help give me a full feeling and discourage me from unnecessary** snacking.

* Orange Pekoe is really a generic term for black tea, which I never knew until five minutes ago. Moderately interesting bits of ground information here:

** Don't skimp on necessary snacking. That's snacking when you're actually hungry between meals. Plan out your snacks and don't let yourself get too hungry so you don't end up eating 3/4 of a Trader Joe's two-bite brownie container like I did. (See previous post.)

Read about the benefits of green tea here.

No comments:

Post a Comment